St Ives Bay Marine Group
St Ives Bay Marine Group aims to explore and protect the coastal and marine environment, sharing our passion for the habitats and species that live here.
St Ives Bay is one of Cornwall’s most gorgeous bays. St Ives Bay offers just about everything that Cornwall has to offer all in one place:
- Spectacular beaches, They include to name a few; Porthmeor, Porth Kidney, Porthminster, Porthgwidden, Godrevy et al
- Wide open seascapes
- Picturesque towns and villages
- A UNESCO world heritage site
- Expansive dune systems
- Low rocky cliffs
- An estuary nationally renowned for birds. Hayle has a lookout overlooking the estuary.
- A tourist destination for those wishing to experience its unique beauty
- Home (full or part time) for many people who make their living in or around the bay
- Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Godrevy to Portreath
- St Ives to Lands End (West Penwith)
- Several Sites of Special Scientific Interest
- A focus for so much human interest, energy and ingenuity
- St Ives Bay is a hive of activity.
Until now there has been no single forum or voice for those with a shared interest in the bay. If you want to tell others about your association with St Ives Bay and its coastal environs, your business or simply share your thoughts about the bay, you can do so with this group, St Ives Bay Marine Group.
If you are interested and would like to get involved please contact St Ives Bay Marine Group directly through their Facebook or Twitter page. The links to their social media pages are above.